Sunday, August 24, 2014

Week 10

So Friday afternoon my husband took off work and we decided to get out and enjoy the day. Just as we were sitting down to lunch an email from our PM pops up and low and behold, when he said they would start trim either Friday or Monday... I was NOT expecting to get an email Friday at noon that initial trim had been done! Of course we had to email him back and head over there after we finished eating just to see it all for ourselves! Also found out that Monday they will start ceramic! (Most of these pics are from our PM's email)
Foyer looking at french doors to the study 

Rec room/utility closet doors

Rec room

And banister!

From living area 

Completely shocked when I saw cabinets installed! I didn't realize they would be put in yet and I was so anxious to see how they would look! I was starting to wonder if we shouldn't have gone with the basic white but I think these have so much more character!Although when it comes time to paint we will have to be careful not to get a color that makes them look yellowy (which totally nixes my ideas of having a yellow kitchen)

When we had our preconstruction meeting with our PM, he mentioned that we were the first townhome (and I think home in general he has done) that he has seen with the hazelnut glaze cabinets. I'm curious to know what he thinks now that they are in... we were a little nervous after we heard that since it seems as though most people go with dark cabinets. Our SR says he really likes these cabinets since they have a country sort of style and we do too! I guess that's all that matters! It will really be something to see them once the flooring and countertops are in as well.


Upstairs hallway

This is the only laminate in the house.. the laundry closet

And master bath! We changed the cabinet (which I hadn't updated on here, sorry) from andover white to timberlake white. It was an upgrade but we felt the andover doors looked like plastic with how the grooves in the doors were and wanted to keep it similar to the kitchen in style. We actually nixed the fireplace in the rec room which I'm sure by now you can see in the pictures, we just felt the cost versus how often we would use it was a waste (although I love the idea and look of a fireplace) Our SR made me feel better about that decision when he justified it by saying putting a big hole in the wall really reduces the energy efficiency of the home, plus we might use it a handful of times a year. So we balanced it out by upgrading the bathrooms while keeping the total cost of home where we wanted it. Oh yeah... that's sandstone granite! Apparently not an option chosen very often in our community. Thoughts? (I'm happy with it!)

And another shot of the exterior! Cement step added in the front and they also put up the black roof over the bay window

Again another rainy day here.. you can tell this was taken from my vehicle but I wanted to give a good view of what our street is shaping up to look like now that our neighbor unit also has their brick completed!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Everything looks so great! What a nice surprise to have the trim done so quickly and see the cabinets installed! We picked the same cabinets and cannot wait to see it! The model in our neighborhood has the same cabinets with the butterscotch glaze instead of the hazelnut. They definitely look more yellow. But I think the hazelnut will help avoid the yellow-ness (also one of my concerns when decorating!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe with the correct yellow tone that your cabinets will blend nicely. I would recommend lightening the Chroma or faux finish in a Tuscan shade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Everything looks so good! You're almost at the end! The finishing touches can be the best part in some ways!

    ReplyDelete