Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Week 8

So I wanted to wait until today to post since we had our pre-drywall meeting this afternoon. We met not with our PM who was at a meeting I think, but the supervisor who we've met I think once or twice before briefly. I really wish I could have recorded his spiel and everything we went over because there is no way I can remember it all! I managed to take a few pics but it was seriously down pouring, I mean the heavens opened up and it was raining like Noah's ark could have floated off.

So first off.. brick is going up!!! and they have the garage roof shingled. Again, pics aren't great because of the weather but we will be back down later this week when they hopefully will have more (if not all) done and the weather is more cooperative.


Rec room with drywall


Kitchen

Livingroom

Another shot of living room with drywall 

Master bedroom

Sprinkler system (well, one sprinkler.. obviously) There is a system installed and it will break and go off at I think he said 150 degrees. It is localized as well so if there is a fire say, in the kitchen the sprinkler in that area can break and go off without the bedroom or rec room going off too. There is also additional insulation over the pipe including R38 insulation above that as well to ensure the pipes do not freeze during winter months

So throughout the house in every single nook and cranny and possible space that air could move, there is insulation. This is a picture of some high density foam insulation around piping.

And... more insulation! This is a foam insulation that fills any gap between the drywall and the framing.. this house is seriously air tight. 

I'm sure in the pictures you also noticed that insulation is up as well. These pictures and my brief explanation do not do justice to how sealed up this house is. We were there during some serious weather and didn't feel a bit of draft or air moving from the outside. As I said before, every single nook and cranny that air could possibly flow from is insulated and sealed up. Oh and side note, apparently guardian is supposed to contact us and set up a meeting at the house to go over proper placement of wiring and what not. While they did contact us to see if anything had changed from our initial meeting, they did not set up a second meeting with us lazy so we went over placement of everything to be sure it was all correct, and it was. Now that plumbing, electric, sprinkler, and guardian rough ins are complete along with insulation and all appropriate inspections, a third party energy star inspector also does an inspection prior to drywall. I'm assuming all went well since we were told they should start drywall installation tomorrow. It was a great early birthday for my husband (and I enjoyed it just as much) to once again see the amazing progress on our home. We feel so blessed. 






No comments:

Post a Comment