Sunday, August 17, 2014

Week 9

When we first started this process with weeks passing by and seemingly nothing much happening.. we often spoke about how building a home is the ultimate test of patience.. when you buy an existing home, you walk in, fall in love (or like enough) and make an offer. It all happens very quickly and within a month or so as with the last house we bought, we were packing up, closing and moving in. Instant gratification.. or something like that. So far with this home we have been cautiously excited yet anxious... waiting. Yesterday visiting the home was the first time in all of this that I realized the gratification, while not instant, is ten times greater than anything I ever expected. And the gratitude... it cannot even be expressed. This home is no longer an idea, a plan or a blueprint, it's not just a list of options and selections on a piece of paper.. this is it! This is THE house, OUR home! Everything we have thought about, wanted, wished for, hoped for, it's all here. Every time I see it I am reminded of how blessed and beyond thankful I am.

Every little thing in this process has seemed like a big deal. Each week we are excited to see changes and progress, but this week for the first time I really am seeing our home.

She's a brick--- house! 


Entry and powder room

Stairs from the foyer

This is the study, my husband is so stoked to finally have his own office! I think he has put more planning into how he wants this room to be than anything else in the house! 

Rec room.. I am SOOOOOO glad we have an end unit which gives us so much more light with the extra windows (I know, not in the picture but I had to mention it)

Another shot of the rec room and utility

Sorry... blurry pic of the kitchen!

Another shot of the kitchen 

And.. another!

View from the ktichen dining area towards the living room

Again.. SOOOOO happy for the extra windows AND the bay window in front! The bay wasn't an option, in townhomes they preselect which units will have them. I am assuming it has something to do with varying up the look of the building, just like with the exterior design and brick/shutter/door colors

And another shot of the living room

Laundry closet. My only concern with this... beyond getting our washer and dryer up three flights of stairs, maneuvering it around the hallway and into the closet.. is hoping they will fit! We were told by the PM it will fit standard size washer and dryer but it still looks like such a small space!

spare room

Guest room

Another shot of the guest room

Master bedroom

Master bedroom

Master bath

And then we went around to the garage and found......

CABINETS!!!

And railings!

And doors!

And trim! 
And placement for the stairs/walkway from the garage to the house
So something you cannot see (or maybe you can but not really appreciate in the pictures like you can actually IN the house) is the amount of beautiful, radiant sunlight that hits our side of the house and shines through the windows, illuminating the rooms! I hadn't really put much thought into that before, or what a difference it would make but apparently my husband did :) We were there at about 1pm yesterday (we've been at varying times of the day as well) so from about early afternoon on the sun hits that side of the house.  I love the sunlight and we really hope to maximize it by keeping things pretty light and neutral in color.

So I was thrilled to see what a change it made to have the drywall up, but seeing cabinets and doors in the garage was nearly just as exciting! I wonder when they will go in?!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Things are really coming together! Everything looks great so far and I agree - you get a ton of great lighting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I was wondering if you have found a washer and dryer that fit and that you like? We're getting concerned on the washer/dryer closet size!

    ReplyDelete