Monday, July 14, 2014

Week 3

This week we were contacted by NVR to provide updated documentation since settlement is tentatively scheduled for September. Although there are still some frustrations with NVR, our loan processor has been helpful and quick to answer questions and concerns we have. I will be honest, as much as I am looking forward to being done with this process so we can actually be in our new home, I am almost more ready just to be done dealing with NVR! Every day is a day closer...

Which brings me to.. more pictures of progress! Our PM emailed Sunday afternoon with these pics (we didn't get down there since we had a very busy Friday and Saturday and just needed a day where we didn't leave the house). Apparently they finished the plumbing and passed inspection, the crew then backfilled and poured the foundation on Friday. By Sunday the foundation had cured and lumber was delivered, and now they should be working on framing (pics of that to come soon). Apparently the framing process takes 7-10 days. I can't wait to actually see our (rough) home!









 Prior to them pouring the slab, in the photos above you can see they applied a plastic vapor barrier and perimeter insulation as well as reinforcing steel for a stronger slab. Do I know what all that means? Nope. Does it sound good? Yup! (I might've just copied out of the PM's email) I hate to sound naive but I had no idea really all that went into the process of building! Even just to the point we are at now it seems there have been so many steps (and more I am sure the PM hasn't mentioned)!


No comments:

Post a Comment